Monday, December 10, 2018

December Daily-The Weather Outside's been Frightful

Doing a little catching up.  Saturday Mary and I met up for a bit of knitting, catching up and coffee.  My "game" plan for the rest of the day was to get started on my baking and lounge around. However, my other SIL Karen wanted to get together to watch the MLS Championship game, so off we went to what's becoming our favorite Mexican restaurant to watch the Atlanta United defeat the Portland Timbers-it was so exciting and the company couldn't be beat!  Ron is holding the white scarf-then Steve, Me, Karen and Pedro.  I'm knitting Essex- a Berroco pattern out of stash yarn; I was really in need of a new project, and  12" of ribbing is perfect for watching a soccer game.


Sunday was a full day of baking and addressing Christmas cards.  I got about half way through both tasks and will have a bit more to do between now and Saturday.  I doubled the recipe for the spritz cookies so there would be enough to send to Andrew-by special request!  Our sun porch is proving to be a great place to cold store items.

As far as the weather, we are NOT enjoying the cold wet weather we've been having the last few days.  Walking Sophie has required rain boots, an umbrella and a towel.  I can't believe Christmas in in 2 weeks!  Andrew will be coming in Christmas day for a few days so I guess I need to get a menu together!
Happy Monday-even if it's been a bit wet

2 comments:

Mary said...

What a fun weekend! in spite of the weather ... and I keep reminding myself at least it's not FROZEN!

AsKatKnits said...

What a fun weekend! And, stay dry! (And, Mary is right - freezing rain is just the pits!)