Sunday, December 16, 2018

December Daily-Cocktails and Cookies

Sprouts had beautiful and delicious blackberries ridiculously cheap so I decided to use some of them in the weekend's cocktails.  Friday I made what sorta resembles the Blackberry Bourbon Smash.  I used a sugar cube and lemon juice because I didn't have any plain simple syrup or limes.  I muddled the sugar, lemon juice and blackberries together then added bourbon, crushed ice then topped with a craft soda I had handy cause I didn't want to open something else.  I also didn't have mint, so there was no garnish or extra flavors.  It was very tasty so I made myself a second one-cause that's what you do right?!
Yesterday I muddled the blackberries and topped with prosecco, it really didn't need anything else. 

Today we Mary, Katie, Polly and I gathered at Karen's to bake lebkuchen and exchanged cookies.  The holiday favorites were well represented with the candy cane cookies, orange balls, short bread snowflakes, orange spice cookies, spritz, oatmeal/cranberry, rugelach, gingerbread, hay stacks, chocolate bark, and M&M cookies.
While our family has always exchanged cookies during the holidays last year was our first year to bake the lebkuchen together. 

Charlie also joined us this year and I think he enjoyed "shopping" for cookies to take home!  
And as always there was great food and company.



2 comments:

AsKatKnits said...

Mmm, that drink looks delicious! And, those cookies! Beautiful! How fun to make lebkuchen together - you had a full weekend!

Mary said...

Charlie definitely had more fun with the cookies than I did :-)