Tuesday, December 11, 2018

December Daily- Time on my hands and a surprise.

Due to the potential of black ice most of the schools in the general area and government office had a delay in opening.  This included my office, so instead of having to be out of the house by 7 am I didn't have to leave until closer to 9- yea 2 hours to "kill"
I slept about 10 minutes longer and rode my bike [indoors] for and extra 30 minutes.  With my other extra time I decided to cast on Caitlin Hunter aka boylandknitworks Birds and Ships cowl.  I got the yarn at the Ann Budd's Spring Knit for Fun retreat, and I think it will be perfect with this pattern.

Also, I "discovered" on Sunday that we have Starz-we've had cable at our house since July-so where have I been not to know this?!  This meant I can get caught up on the Outlander series.  I only made it part way through season 1 so I have a lot of of tv watching to do.  I figured if I ride my bike 4 times a week + watch a bit at bed time I should be caught up by the end of January.  I understand there is another book in the works, so I'd love to have the series watched.  There are supposed to be at least 2 more seasons produced and I really hope that they cover the books to date. 

I've just finished prepping a turkey for our office Christmas lunch and 2 pans of stuffing.  Now I gotta set my alarm so I can get up and put the bird in the oven so it's ready by 6:30.  Hopefully I'll remember to take a couple photos from the party.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm glad you found something good to do with your two hours!

AsKatKnits said...

That cowl looks lovely! And, somehow missed my radar! Thank you for sharing!