Wednesday, December 5, 2018

December Daily-Holiday Baking

When I was a kid we didn't bake cookies at Christmas in fact we didn't have much by way of traditions except for putting up a tree. Since Steve and I have been together we've continued the tradition of his family of baking and sharing cookies using family recipes.  Needless to say over the years I've made a TON of cookies.  One year I made 17 different kids of cookies, but in recent years I have scaled way back on my baking.  Today was day 1 of holiday baking and I started with gingerbread.  I used Southern Living's gingerbread cookie recipe and I'm pretty pleased with the results.   I also took the time to measure out the dry ingredients of the rest of my baking which will include spritz [special request by Andrew], chocolate bark, oatmeal cranberry cookies [half are for a co-worker as her Christmas gift], gingerbread biscotti, and Karen's pecan/cheesecake bars that she made at Thanksgiving.  I may add one or two more cookies to the rotation, but we'll have to see.

This is what happens when you can bear to roll out the scraps and use one more cookie cutter, but you can't stand the idea of wasting the dough!  They do make great nibbling.  Are you baking anything this season?  I look forward to sharing cookies with our new neighbors.


2 comments:

Mary said...

oh I'm glad you're making cranberry oatmeal cookies! and I think those nibble-y bits of gingerbread look like just the thing for a morning cup of coffee!

AsKatKnits said...

I made some Gingerbread Biscotti last week...so easy, and so good!