Wednesday, December 12, 2018

December Daily-Party time

Today was our annual Christmas pot luck lunch, and once it's over I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.  There is usually over 100 people that come and most of them either contribute a dish or money to cover the cost of the meat which is smoked by one of our investigators.  For my part it's really just coordination, and no heavy lifting, but still as any hostess would say, they want to make sure the food is good and everyone enjoys themselves.
These tables were laden with lots of great food.  When someone mentions what a success the party is I always tell them it comes together because everyone does what they say they will do, and they do it the way I tell them!  Honestly, I work with a great bunch of people who when things need to get done they are always there to help.  I'm also grateful for each day [and year] that goes by and these men and women make it home safely to their families.  Until next year  . . .

2 comments:

Mary said...

I would say you have become an Expert at managing that party - so glad it was another success!

AsKatKnits said...

What a fun day (and I am glad that stress is off your plate until next year!)

:)