Sunday, December 2, 2018

December Daily-Ready for the holidays

I think we are pretty much ready for the holidays.  The tree is up, decorations are out and we just saw a Christmas themed play at our favorite community theatre- Stage Door Players.

I made great use of our pool table [that we inherited with the house] to spread out all of our ornaments and decide which one's would be used going forward and which ones would be retired until Andrew is ready for a tree.  I put notes in the boxes of ornaments I have sorted and wrapped along with the date the sorting occurred.  I did purchase and ornament in Charleston which I will save for another December Daily post.
We still need a tree topper so I think I will see what I can find that will be "just right".  I'm also hoping to add Roswell and Kennesaw State University ornaments to our collection.  While I really like having a live tree this one is truly the perfect size for our house and Steve was able to put it up in like 5 minutes.

We are in our 3rd season as subscribers to the Stage Door Players, and while we're no longer 10 minutes down the road on a Sunday afternoon we're still less than 30 minutes.  Sunday matinees are providing to work very well with our schedule and new location.  This year's Christmas production did not disappoint. 
Hopefully I can keep up with a daily posting through Christmas.  There are other things around town I hope to do, and of course, we've got our girls cooking baking/exchange and family gathering planned.  Tomorrow I hope to mix up the first batch of cookies.  I'm going to give gingerbread a go- stay tuned!

2 comments:

AsKatKnits said...

I need to do that very thing with ornaments for my kids! I don't have such an advantageous place to lay them out though! Your tree is lovely and good luck finding the perfect topper!

Mary said...

we still have Sara's ornaments on our tree ... she mentioned last night that she was thinking about getting a tree of her own and I thought - oops! ... and we don't have a topper. the antique one from my folks never fit and I just never found the "right" one. look forward to a lot more posts!!!