Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Weekend Lens

Now that I've released myself from Project Life, I hope to be a better blogger. I'm also going to make a concerted effort to use my digital camera a lot more. I managed some pretty good photos on both the digital camera and my I-phone. I also got LOTS of things done, but I did fall short on finishing 2 things that I was sure I could make happen. I guess I really can't knit in my sleep! Saturday included the final bit of cutting before sewing some exchange blocks together-trying to use the self timer!


Fresh baked bread on Saturday AND Sunday, I love this book, and I FINALLY realized a couple things I was doing wrong in my baking. The stone goes on the very bottom, and the broiler pan that holds the water goes above the bread-duh. It is actually in the baking instructions how'd I miss that?! Also, the oven has to be at 450 degrees for 20 minutes before the baking begins- yea that was in the instructions too. Am feeling really inspired now to try more of the recipes in the book.  Also, made some chocolate chip cookies-there is nothing better than fresh baked goodies.
I got some deep cleaning accomplished, laundry, and rode my bike indoors for my exercise.  Looking forward to warmer weather so I can ride outdoors-so different and very invigorating.

I dropped off what I hope is the final load of stuff at Goodwill until we actually put our house on the market, and need to do a final purge.

Moved all my knitting books and patterns to my side of the office, and dropped off 79 books at the library.  It felt really good having completed this task.  The basement warehouse is much more empty than it was a couple months ago.


Sewing blocks for the exchange-ended exactly where I wanted, but realized I may be missing the squares for another club members blocks-ugh!



I started this hat which I actually hoped I'd finish, but I took advantage of the daylight to work on Aperture-I'm only about 1/2 way through the short rows on the collar, then I still need to weave in the ends and block-will this project EVER be finished?!


Sunday was church, sewing, knitting, grilling, and spending some time with Sophie in the back yard.  It was on the cool side, but so nice to be outside.  

I also finished The Light Between the Oceans and LOVED it!  I started Daughter of Fortune, and am pleased that I'm making serious headway on my Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge.  I'm looking forward to a pretty simple week, with activities planned for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  One of my goals for 2015 is to keep my schedule simple and open, and enjoy the right now.

1 comment:

Mary said...

that was a very full weekend! glad the house is still going on the market!