Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Battling the winter blahs
prompt was appropriated considering what greeted me when I landed in Philadelphia yesterday afternoon. Honestly, winter in the south is generally not to bad-unless we several inches of snow dumped on us every 3-4 years! Last year's snow jam made us the laughing stock of the rest of the country. The hotel I stayed in has proven to be very cozy and homey, but I am looking forward to getting back home. Some of the things I do-
10. Knit-winter is the perfect time to for quick cozy knits like hats, mittens and cowls. Doing these projects in bright colors makes me happy.
9. Enjoying a spicy and hot beverage or one with some zing
8. Having a fire going in the fireplace
7. Making sure the blinds/curtains are always open-especially when the sun is shining!
6. Go for a walk-like #7 especially when the sun is shining-i like the idea of banking the good days to off set the gloomy days.
5. Work on quilts in bright colors-nothing better than cheery sunny fabrics
4. Indulge in a margarita! mmmm lime
3. Read a book set in a warm/sunny place or the beach
2. Listen to upbeat music
1. Remind myself that every day of winter brings me closer to spring!