Monday, January 1, 2018

Hello 2018



I saw this on my walk with Sophie yesterday, and I think I will have this printed where I can have it on my desk at work as a daily reminder for 2018.

We had a "little" snow fall on this morning's very very cold walk

One of my goals for this year is to change some of my eating habits more veggies and non-animal proteins and limited sugars.  I'm a pretty healthy eater, but there is always room for improvement-right?!  Also, I'd like to have significantly improve my muscle tone.  I know a combination of the right exercises and eating is what I need to be successful.  I started the year off right by hitting the elliptical first thing this morning; I had the entire fitness center to myself.  It was kinda nice too.
Something I really want to focus on is knitting from my stash of yarn AND patterns.  I've got a trip to Las Vegas coming up next week, so I need to sort out my travel knitting soon!  I plan to finish my Sitka Spruce Mitts, a cowl with the same pattern, a pair of socks that have been lingering for a while, and maybe a hat or two for Andrew.

An on going goal is to maintain a healthy balance of work, place, time with others and time for myself. 

I'd like to challenge myself more with my reading.  I haven't counted how many books I've read or listened to in 2017, but I think it's a fair amount.  I'd like to expand into other genres and authors.

I'm sure this list will change throughout the year, but I'm hoping that this blog will serve as a way to document my journey.

Am hoping the very best for everyone in 2018-here's to making sure we all stay on track.



 


1 comment:

Mary said...

That's a great sign ... and a perfect reminder for the new year! I've used Goodreads to track my books and reading for the last 10-ish years. Highly recommend (even Karen, who does almost nothing online tracks her books there). Here's to Happy 2018!!