Thursday, January 4, 2018

Three on Thursday-

1. Amaryllis watch-wow.  I need to get a photo of these when there is some better light.  I can't believe how fast these are growing.

2.  I finally got the Lily Rose dress finished.  I didn't have enough of the purple to finish and I was going to frog a different baby sweater that came out a bigger size than I wanted for a newborn.  Brenda and Joyce suggested that I use another color to create a petticoat look and I'm so glad they did.  I like the effect and I was able to pass along the other sweater to someone at work.  The intended recipient was born yesterday and she is adorable and what a name- Wynter Anastasia, her sister is Brooklyn Alexandria.  Their last name begins with an "M" so their initials are WAM and BAM-I can only picture super hero costumes for these 2!
3.  Right now I'm kinda wondering if I'll actually fly out Monday morning.  There is supposed to be yucky weather, a gazillion people coming into Atlanta for the National College Championship along with the POTUS.  It's just going to be a hot mess-fingers crossed I have an on-time and uneventful flight out west. 




3 comments:

margene said...

Cute little dress! I love watching the amaryllis growing spurts! Hope your airport and travel experience is easy and smooth!

Mary said...

that dress turned out beautifully - I LOVE the petticoat! ...and yikes about flying out Monday - fingers and toes crossed the weather folks are wrong (again ;-)!!

AmyArtisan said...

Amaryllis watch is always a fun part of the new year! This year I'm trying the bulbs that were in the "no maintenance" wax encasement - no matter the outcome, at least I know that I won't come home one evening to the tip over/dirt on the carpet that has been all too frequent in years past. What a clever modification for the dress.