Monday, December 4, 2017

Sophie Girl

On December 4, 2011, we brought this little fur ball home.  After doing a lot of research [almost 2 years] I decided I wanted a standard poodle, and a friend from church and spoo owner [as they are referred to] told me about a local breeder who had puppies I was thrilled!  We drove out to Flowery Branch and I wanted to take ALL the puppies home with me!  Needless to say from day one she has been a delight.  She's quite bossy at times, has her quirks, but that's part of her charm.  She has a funny way of "talking" to me when I'm scratching/massage her ears.  She has started doing this "airplane" thing when I scratch her ears or neck where she tips her head in the direction of the scratching- so funny.  Here are some photos to document her/our journey.
 She totally adores Andrew-she has accepted the fact that she has to share him with Cocoa.
 Her first Christmas, and she still has the bell collar, I adjusted it when she first started wearing it.
 Her first official Christmas photo
 She loved laying on this table in our basement-we discovered it's because it was so cool.  This dog has her own heating system.
 Peeking around the corner
 She eventually fell off the couch!
 Hanging out in the pool at the dog park.


She really enjoyed digging in the back yard of our last house.  I can't wait for us to have a house again, this dog really enjoys exploring the outdoors.

This face-why I love her so-there is so much love in those eyes.
Am sure she has spotted a squirrel
I took this photo as our Christmas card in 2013.

Steve took this photo today-yes I am struggling to hold all 56 pounds of her.   Last week I managed to actually pick her up, but must have been holding her a different way.  We both look a lot different than we did 6 years ago.

Life has certainly been interesting with her in our family these last 6 years.  I hope we have many many more!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Aw - love the flashbacks ... and the current photo! She's been a wonderful addition to the family for sure!

Bridget said...

I love these photos! But I really love Sophie - part of what makes me happy when I read your blog and is seeing her photo at the top. Please give her a kiss from me.