Saturday, December 16, 2017

December Daily 12-16-Catching up

This week has been my busiest so far this month, and when I moved my calendar marker to next week, I was a bit giddy to see that my calendar is almost note free!  Thursday will be the start of my vacation until the end of the year.  I have things planned with friends and family, getting my hair done, but I'm also hoping that I'll get some knitting done and some "winter" cleaning.
Our annual holiday pot luck at my office was on Tuesday,  I had fully intended to take a photo once all the food was on the tables and got very sidetracked.  My desk is to the left of the table in the foreground.  Yes, this space is big enough to have food, including desserts, for over 100 people!  Thanks to the great folks I work with it was another success with just enough leftovers for to be enjoyed the rest of the week.  It was a very busy day from when I arrived at 7 until I left at 4.  However, there was no rest for the weary as my Book Club pot luck was later that evening, but on a much smaller scale!  The food there was delicious and the company outstanding.  No photo from that dinner, but the hostess had a lovely home all ready for Christmas. 

Early Wednesday morning was a routine appointment for my Mom at another Wellstar facility which had "soliders" at the door that were different from these and this ginormous tree!  My Mom posed for scale and I'm sure it had to be at least 15' tall.  My Mom loves Christmas decorations and she ooh'd and ahh'd at the wreaths and lights.   I took her back to place then had to head to work where things were still recovering from the previous day's festivities.  Our annual lunch was also a retirement party for my boss of 12 years, and I've very sad to see him retire.  Wednesday was also the day set for interviews for his replacement.  I have to say it was very hard to concentrate on anything with comings and goings of the candidates as my desk sits very close to the conference room. 

Luckily, I was able to leave work early as I was meeting my Mother in Law, Mary and Karen to see White Christmas on the big screen.  This is the second time I've gotten to see it at the theatre and I have to say I love seeing Danny Kaye and Vera Ellen dance and twirl- boy does she have moves and a great set of legs!  It was great, and of course the company really makes these experiences even more memorable. 
 Thursday I made a trip to Target to pick up some gift bags, battery operated lights for our little tree and other things.  I love that I have a Target nearby so it's easy to take care of these quick errands and I don't have to spend my weekends fighting the traffic and crowds.
 Friday night, and ahhhh finally a chance to relax.  Unfortunately, I managed to pull a muscle in my neck and shoulder.  Not sure exactly how that happened, but may have something to do with all the activity earlier this week.  The heating pad helps, but I have had a hard time sleeping because of the pain and not being able to find a comfortable position.  I had a nice long phone conversation with Andrew and he seems to have settled in with is job and new apartment.  He's hoping to be able to come home for Christmas provided he can work remotely from Georgia.  Fingers crossed-it would be nice to have him home.
 Saturday morning, a bit of devotion/quiet time, indoor cycling, and brunch at our leasing office [which was very very good].  The rest of the day was spent cleaning the apartment, grocery shopping, getting caught up on blog reading, a bit of knitting, and other things that have been waiting for me to have time to address.
 A lovely morning for a walk.
 And a benchmark for the Operation Amaryllis Watch.  My Mother in law gave this to me last Sunday at our cookie exchange and I forgot to take a photo.  It has certainly made progress since Sunday.  I'll do my best to show updates. 
I hope you are able to take time out to enjoy and savor the holidays.  I'm looking forward to some more baking, wrapping gifts, and knitting.  Hopefully I won't sprain any more muscles!

No comments: