Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Musicians I'd resurrect.


As we get closer to the Christmas season Carole's prompt seems appropriate. I don't know anyone who doesn't like some type of music.  I love-love instrumentals, and I'm a devotee to all things 80s [a product of my youth!].  So here's my list in no particular order, and I had to include some composers as well.  My list was tough cause most of my favorites are still alive.  As I perusing the internet for help jogging my memory the deaths of so many musicians due to their life style or violence was staggering and sad.

10. Beethoven
  9.  Elvis-I'd like to have a talk to him about his diet ;-)
  8.  David-from the Old Testament
  7.  Patsy Kline
  6.  Billy Holiday-I'd love to hear her in person
  5.  Chopin
  4.  Mozart
  3. Frank Sinatra
  2. Whitney Houston
  1. Michael Jackson

1&2 really influenced the music I listened to as a teenager not to mention music videos-sigh I really miss my MTV!

3 comments:

Bonny said...

Interesting list, and I love that you want to give Elvis some health tips! I also miss MTV, from the good old days when it was really about music.

Kwizgiver said...

You've got a great list.

Mary said...

I thought about a Psalmist, too - glad you included David. It would be wonderful to hear his music! and how did I forget Whitney - what a waste...