Monday, June 25, 2018

Weekending

My weekend got started a little earlier than normal and by 1:00 on Thursday afternoon the weekend was on!  I stopped by the Buford Highway Farmer's Market to pick up some fresh veggies for the weekend, and I had extra time to peruse the isles.  Friday was a full day off, and we had the home inspection scheduled for the house we're hoping to purchase and it took the inspector 3 hours to finish!  The house we're buying is old, and I appreciate the inspector's thoroughness, and now the process begins with negotiating repairs. 
 Here's what I hope will be my new kitchen.  

We took lots of measurements while we were here so we could decide furniture placement.  By the time the inspection was done we were starving so we had lunch at a local Mexican restaurant before we went to visit my mother in law.  We were able to stay on one road the entire way.  The location of this house is another reason why we chose because it is close to our family and it doesn't require anyone having to get on the interstate.  Very important as we're not getting any younger!  When we got home I immediately headed out to a local Chick-fil-A and got to meet Alec Kann player for the Atlanta United, and you can tell he's just a "little" bit taller than me [my 5'1" to his 6'4"!].  Such a nice guy, and I hope to be able to meet more of the team at some point; they have been so much fun to watch.  The rest of my weekend was spent cleaning, doing laundry and cooking.

I did manage to finish an embroidery piece I started earlier this year.  I'll probably make this into a pillow, but for now it'll go in the WIP pile.
Saturday and Sunday also included an outdoor bike ride which were very invigorating. 

I thought I was making progress on my Puntilla, but Sunday afternoon would reveal I clearly don't know where the shoulders are on a sweater!  Luckily I frogged the sweater before I did more knitting. 

I took Monday off as I just needed some time to just "be".  There was coffee, reading and knitting on the balcony before it got to warm.  This is Arabella which is my lace-antisocial knitting.  When it was too warm to be outside there was more knitting and mindless TV.
Sophie and I took a ride to the library to return a book- we actually took the long way-just because- Monday afternoon found me back on track with Puntilla.   I think Sophie really enjoyed having someone at home all day especially when the afternoon thunder storms appeared.   I hope to make significant progress on the knitting this project as once we are officially on "go" with the house the next few weeks are going to be super busy.  I'm thankful for this downtime and tomorrow it's back to the old grind!



3 comments:

Mary said...

So glad you have all the ok's to move forward with the house! the next few weeks are gonna FLY!

Lydia said...

I hope so and that the summer doesn't entirely pass me by!

Honoré said...

Downtime on a weekend - or any day o f the week - is always my favorite activity! One of the perks of being retired, many of my days are full-on downtime!
Happy 4th of July!