Friday, June 22, 2018

Five on Friday

Just a quick fly by on this fine Friday morning-

1. I have a finished object- Balise which has been finished for a while, but not time to get photos of me actually wearing.  The fit is perfect, and I should probably actually wear it as it's supposed to be for warm weather!  I have a bunch of yarn left over and I'm not real sure how that happened.

2.  We have a contract on a house and we are supposed to close in 20 days, the contract was accepted on Monday-4 days ago!   So we are moving fast on getting the necessary paperwork and such together.  Apparently that's the market we're in now which is CRAZY!  It's been 12 years since we've done this and the process is very different.

3. Because of #2 I'm having moments when I feel a bit freaked out with all that needs to be done, and then equal moments of calm.  Fortunately we don't have to be out of our apartment until August, so we have plenty of time for the actual move.

4.  I'm hoping to meet Atlanta United secondary goal keeper Alec Kann, be still my beating heart!
He's an Atlanta native and was their primary goalie when their season began last year, this evening at a meet and greet. 
5.  Am making great progress on my Puntilla.  This has been a great portable project for when we've been out looking at houses.  I am having to restart Michigan- AGAIN which I think is going back in the queue for a while.  I haven't managed to find a yarn I'm happy with and the increases are not lining up as they should.

Happy Friday-am off to meet the home inspector, look at washers and dryers  . . .

2 comments:

Mary said...

House 3.0 - how exciting!!!! and love your finished Balise. Hope I get to see it modeled soon :-)

Lydia said...

Hopefully, am thinking I might need to reknit one of the sleeves as I switched from dpns to a circular. Can't decide. We had a loooong list from the home inspector, so hopefully by Monday we'll know if we're moving forward.