Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Weekending-Quick Peek

Friday started with margaritas and the Atlanta United vs Orlando game.  This team is so much fun to watch.  Saturday DID start with a flat tire, but that didn't stop me from riding in doors, and getting caught up on some TV shows.  Steve had to work so I spent the day knitting on Tide Chart, and finished listening to The Rosie Project, such a delightful book.  I felt Don was a combination of Dr. Sheldon Cooper and Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock-so much fun.



On Sunday I was able to get out for a ride and try a new route-so satisfying.  To celebrate the final day of the Tour de France I made this Smoked Salmon Tarte Flambé featured on Ann Mah's blog.  It was so delicious and easy.  I added the tomatoes, and will definitely make this again.


I was TOTALLY bummed that Peter Sagan was disqualified after Stage 4, but was still pleased that Froome managed to handle the lead for such a long time; this race is definitely not for the faint of heart.  Seeing the tour in person is on my bucket list-sooner rather than later!
Sunday afternoon we had plans with friends to see Annie Get Your Gun,  the last show for the Stage Door Players  2016-2017 season.  We've already booked our season tickets and look forward to another great season of shows.  The show was followed by an early dinner at the King  George Tavern, one of our favorite places to eat.  They've changed their menu a little bit, and we couldn't resist trying a couple new, and very decadent dishes.  It was too dark in the restaurant to take a group photos, but maybe next time.

This next weekend will feature another match between the AtlUtd and Orlando, Andrew will be home for a while, and my regular meet up with my sewing friends.  I hope your weekend had some highlights that made you smile.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Tide Chart's looking great! looks like you had a very fun, full and productive weekend!