Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Georgia on my Mind
Carole's prompt this week sent me on a bit of a scavenger hunt which was fun. Here's a list of songs that either mention or are about where I live.
10. The Night the Lights Went out in Georgia-Sung by lots of different people, but Vickie Lawrence was the first to record it.
9. It's a Rainy Night in Georgia-sung by Brook Benton
8. Midnight Train to Georgia-sung by Gladys Night & the Pips
7. Chattahoochee-sung by Alan Jackson [the Chattahoochee River is a natural boundary between City of Atlanta and Cobb County. Affectionately referred to by natives as The 'hooch or The River.
6. Georgia on my Mind- by Ray Charles
5. Devil Went Down to Georgia-Charlie Daniels Band-got to see him perform this live at the Grande Ole Opry several years ago.
6. Doraville- Atlanta Rhythm Section-I often wonder if this group is still around.
5. Love Shack-B-52's
4. O Atlanta-Allison Krauss
3. Sitting on the Dock of the Bay-Otis Redding
2. Going to Georgia -The Mountain Goats- never heard this song, but who can resist a group called The Mountain Goats.
1. The Moon over Georgia-Shenandoah