prompt was a recap of what we did/do on the 4th of July. The last 10 years I've walked/ran the Peachtree Road Race, but this year my number got lost in the mail, as did the replacement so I had to sit this one out. The day was not a total loss though, so some of the things I did this weekend . . .
10. Watched a parade-the first one for Sophie, and she did great with the marching bands and all the people. It was really hot, so I'm glad I had extra water on hand.
9. Knit-yes there was plenty of knitting. Trying to get caught up on some WIPs
8. Eat-while we didn't have anything on the grill but we had some shrimp and fresh veggies.
7. Quilting-I made some progress on my hexagons on the grow project.
6. Read-made progress on both In the Shadow of Blackbirds on the i-Pad and All the Light that We Cannot See (audiobook)
5. Dinner with Karen and Ron and some beer margaritas!
4. Walks-lots with Sophie
3. Bike rides-outdoors twice and once at the fitness center
2. Re-did the plant container on our balcony, and Steve bought hanging baskets. Looks real homey!
1. Watched the UEFA Euro soccer and the Tour de France.
The last couple years our 4th of July has been very nondescript since we live in an apartment complex rather than a traditional neighborhood where there was always someone cooking out and doing fireworks. Sometimes I miss this, and then sometimes I don't. Also, Steve has had to work 12 hour shifts with a very early roll call (4am), so yea-it was a good long weekend nonetheless.