Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekend Follies

Saturday morning featured ice skating with Kate's Club, and honestly I don't think I've had ice skates on my feet in about 15 years.  Not since the boys were smaller, and were considering ice skating or hockey as an activity they'd like to learn.  I was surprised that 1) I didn't fall and 2) that it came back to me pretty easily.  Not that I was ever an exceptional ice skater, but I could make my way around the rink without clinging to the wall. I thought about doing a short video on my phone, but figured I'd better not push my luck with the whole not falling down thing!    This was literally an all day outing, and when I got home at 5:30, it was nice knowing that dinner was ready in the crock pot, and a glass of wine not far away.  I was asleep by 8:45-who knew ice skating could be so exhausting?!  There were approximately 94 kids and almost 25 chaperones; the kids did great and seemed to have a good time.  Looking forward to the one in spring as long as it's not in May!


I'm thinking 2015 may really be the year of the hat, I cast this on during the Super Bowl.  I knit during the game, so I could watch the commercials.  There were some pretty good ones this year, and even a few that tugged at my heart, and made me cry.  I'm using some stashed yarn that I bought at Purl Soho a while back.  I'm loving the yarn, Alchemy Temple, so soft, squisshy, and great stitch definition, perfect for a hat.  I realized after I purchased the yarn, that it wasn't enough to make much of anything-or so I thought!  On a return trip to NYC, I purchased another skein of the same color, and when I got home from this trip realized that I purchased fingering weight instead of sport weight-ugh! So finally after this yarn has sat in my stash I did a search on Ravelry and well-duh, I had plenty of yarn to knit a hat!  I can be sooooo pretty and smart sometimes.  Anyway, I have plans to use the fingering for a hat, wristers, or mitts.  We'll see, and this photo really doesn't do the yarn justice-it's bright pink- but not this garish. 
It's sorta making me smile on this dreary-blustery Monday morning!  Anything making you smile today?

1 comment:

Mary said...

yay for ice skating! I never knew your boys might become hockey stars (Steve and Marc both played!) - but yeah, it's a work out! ...and hats are my new favorite. in place of socks(?!)