Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer plans and expectations

Carole's prompt this week is about our summer bucket list.  I haven't really given it much thought, and with my luck [so far I've lost my cell phone, dealt with an in-ept contractor, and today-left my shoes at home-and that's just been in the last 6 days!] summer will slip away and I'll have done little to make it really enjoyable.  So, with my list it seems more like a to do list, and hope that when fall comes around it's not only much cooler [temps hit high 90s in Atlanta this week], but much less stressful!

10.  Sell our house-it would make a fantastic August 12th birthday gift-even if I had to spend my birthday at a closing!  Of course, I'd love for it to close sooner.
  9.  Finish packing my kitchen and craft area.
  8.  Finish my summer knits-I'm on the 3rd of 4 planned projects.  Above is Shibui Square-it's now ready for a FO photo. and Axis just needs to have the ends woven in and blocked.  Apex is about 40% complete, and I need to cast on Gretel.
  7.  Blog more-I certainly have the time in the evenings to do so.
  6.  Get better acquainted with technology-specifically using i-cloud, google drive, etc.
  5.  Books on the Night Stand Bingo-I wasn't going to participate, but have managed to make headway on the reading already, so I'm going to try to see this one through to the end.  Especially now that I've figured out how to put audio books onto my i-phone.
  4.  Clean up my computer-it has gotten soooooo slow, am sure there's lots of junk that needs to be deleted.
  3.  Visit with friends-would probably be an instant stress reducer.
  2.  Go for a bike ride-outside-we are so close now to the Silver Comet Trail it's a shame that I haven't ventured out yet.
  1.  Seek out a local farmers market and go there more than once this summer.

Am sure others have much more interesting bucket list-so I'll live vicariously through them!

7 comments:

Bonny said...

You do have some fun things on your Summer Stress To Do List! I'm going to be sending you positive house-selling thoughts while I'm scraping and painting our porch!

Donna said...

You are already on project #3? You are doing wonderful! Oh that computer clean up. I despise it.

Patty said...

Have you planted a St. Joseph statue upside down in the backyard? I've known a few people who have done it and the house has sold soon after!

kathy b said...

I need to clean up this computer too!! Great idea. Happy summer.

Anonymous said...

Great list! Looking forward to going to farmer's markets more. And we share a birthday!!!

Mary said...

all my positive vibes going to your #10. and maybe we could do #1 together since it's on my list, too!

Kym said...

Best of luck with the house-selling! (Always such a stress-er.) Enjoy the summer!