Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017-Hello and Welcome

2017 is here-ready or not!  The decorations are packed away, but I'm not sure what we'll do with the tree.  Our complex has posted a notice to NOT put them in the compactor.  I'm glad I was able to get this done today, and I'll have all day Monday to get some knitting and other projects completed.

Edited to add a link Carole and Kat's prompt since I just posted on the topic! I'm not sure what is in store for this new year, but I know there are things I'd like to accomplish.  I'm not going to call them resolutions, but simply goals and objectives [gives me something to focus on].

I hope to . . .
   eat better-I've let my eating habits slip so clean eating will be my mantra this year [less white carbs, more veggies, and leaner protein.  Along with this I want to amp up my work out.  I feel like I'm sorta spinning my wheels and not really improving my strength or muscle tone.  I plan to incorporate more resistance and a higher level of cardio training.

   knit down my stash- I know I've said this before, but I really need to do this, so I'll probably be absent from Ravelry as I don't really need anymore inspiration between my current yarn stash and pattern library.

  de-stash my fabric.  I need to get rid of the fabric I've just collected, and only focus on one project at a time.  I have several cuts that are fabrics I like, but would require me to buy more fabric in order to complete a project.  I hope to sell a "bundle" of fabric on Craig's list or on Let-go.  Going forward I need to be more selective with my purchases.  I don't have the space or time to "save" fabric for that special future project.

  de-clutter in general.  Despite the moves we still have stuff we need to consider letting go, and I hope to have this accomplished early in 2017.

 find a church-it is still difficult for me to attend services-I don't want to go to church and be sad but that's where I'm at right now, so I will be working and praying on this one.

 journaling-I've never been much of a journal writer, as  I found I was just writing the same thing over and over, so maybe if I only commit to once or twice a week I'll have "more" to say.  What got me to thinking about this was that I almost tossed my Get to Work Book for 2016, but realized that it really told the story of my year.  3 moves- my Mom's, my office, myself and Steve, along with family trips, get togethers, birthdays, gradations, etc.  I think I'll hang onto it for a while, and maybe even compare it to 2017 this time next year.  Above all else,  I hope for peace and good health to all my family and friends.  It's a new year let's make the most of it
 
 
 


2 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations on a CLEAN start for the new year (I wish my decorations were all put away...soon, maybe!) - your goals look similar to mine - you're going to be in a great place for 2018!

Juliann in WA said...

We have very similar goals for the new year. Getting Christmas taken down is a very good start. Writing down the story is also a good plan.