Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Alaska 2017- a brief overview

We've been back from our trip for a week now, and I finally feel like I'm caught up.  Catching up at work was easy compared to recovering from jet lag, laundry, house cleaning, errands, etc.  I'm going to do several posts about our trip.  It was fantastic on so many levels and for so many reasons.  For now I'll leave you with a few photos.
A glacier-not sure which one it is, but we saw so many both from a distance and surprisingly up close.
Spectacular views and so many water falls- it was easy to see the path the water cuts through the glacier/mountain.  I had no idea that Alaska was sooooo green!
There was some wildlife-in case you were wondering; whales do not pose for photos!
Views from above-yea, I boarded a 9 seater Otter and spent an hour literally gliding through the mountains near Mt. Denali.  We weren't able to land on Ruby Glacier because of the crevices, and the cloud cover prevented us from being able to see all of Mt. Denali.  Even though it was a shorter trip, and we didn't get the full experience it's one I won't forget.
On the return trip of our final train ride that went to Grandview I played around with my camera and I got some pretty good photos of the sunset.
Something I never expected to see was all the flowers and color- more of that to come.  Below is a native plant/flower- fire weed.

I hope you enjoy this glimpse into Alaska.  Stay tuned  . . .

3 comments:

Brenda said...

It looks like a fantastic trip. Can't wait for more photos.

Brenda said...

It looks like a fantastic trip. Can't wait for more photos.

Mary said...

oh man, I still have 950 photos to go... it was an amazing trip!