Thursday, September 14, 2017

3 on Thursday| Puppies, a Picnic and Presents

Andrew and I had plans to see my Mom today, so we combined the visit with a trip to the lab for blood work, a stop at the drug store, and a picnic.  Her apartment complex has a rule about visiting dogs, so we have to make other arrangements for her to visit with Sophie and Cocoa.  There is a nice park nearby with a pavilion.
I couldn't convince Andrew to be in the picture, so he played photographer.  I made a egg-cheese casserole and a cranberry orange breakfast bread for us, and we also stopped at Starbucks since I had only 1/2 a cup of coffee, and Mom and Andrew hadn't gotten that far!  We had a nice long visit before we take her back to her place, and Andrew and I head home.

So my 3 things on Thursday are:

1.  Puppies that get to ride in the car [one of Cocoa's favorite things] and a visit with their Nana-there was no way to get 2 dogs and my Mom photographed at the same time!
2.  Picnics-the temperature was fantastic a lovely 70 degrees and no bugs!  The only thing missing were mimosas, but I had to go to work later in the day.
3.  Presents- we brought back some goodies from Alaska which Mom really liked.  I had fun picking out socks, earrings, and a moose bobble head [among other things].

It might seem like a lot of work, but these 2 were very happy to see each other, and really-isn't that what it's all about anyway?!

2 comments:

Bonny said...

That is such a nice thing to do and you did it up right with three wonderful things (plus quite a few more)!

Kym said...

What a wonderful visit! (And I think I need a moose bobble head!)