Wednesday, February 11, 2015

WIP Wednesday

The beginnings of the 2-tone twill scarf by Churchmouse Yarns & Tea-LOVE!.  This is for the 1st quarter KAL at Cast on Cottage.  I'm using Claudia's Hand Paint Addiction in stormy days (variegated) and rock (solid).  I'm sorta getting into the groove of the linen stitch, and have learned a couple tricks to keep me on track: 1) I keep the color I'm not using in the bag if I am not somewhere where I have a table or big chair/sofa to sit on.  The colors are so similar I found myself getting confused a couple times. And 2) that once you complete a RS and WS of each color all the stitches are the same yarn, cause you've either purled or knitted the slipped stitches on each row.  I think this is going to be a great piece for my spring wardrobe.

I'm on Week 3 of the Kaffe Fassett Rowan Pure Wool Worsted KAL.  I'm 3 squares in and have 4 to go.  I've seen a photo of a completed afghan, and I'm pretty excited to see this finished.

My only other WIP right now is the sommer sleeveless top which is now beginning to seem like the never ending project.  I'm at a "at the same time" place in the pattern, so I'm waiting til I can sit and focus on what comes next.  I'm really happy with my knitting right now, and hope to be swatching for something new real soon.

1 comment:

Mary said...

you're making great progress on the scarf! (how did the block party go?)