Thursday, December 4, 2014

Getting inspired and overwhelmed-

the recent Southern Living has been sitting on my desk for a while, and I've just now gotten around to looking it over.  I usually skim through the first bit and then head to the recipes.  I'm inspired to try these 2 recipes, I do love a good cake.  The Hot Bourbon Orange Tea Toddy look perfect for the cold winter nights that I'm sure are just around the corner.  Actually, I'm inspired to cook a lot more that's in this month's issue, but of course, that would be impossible.
We are also making plans to ready our house to sell-not that we're going to try to do everything now-certainly not with Christmas just a few weeks away, but some upgrades to the kitchen are already in the works.   These 2 will be delivered in a couple weeks, the cook top won't go in until the granite counter tops are installed, but I'm sorta looking forward to having a new oven and microwave.


After walking around the house with a realtor last night, the realization of what we need to do is starting to feel a bit overwhelming.  Especially when I think about all the stuff that's in our basement-some serious de-cluttering is going to have to happen sooner rather than later. 
I also keep thinking about all the holiday activities that are still on the calendar or to do list-sigh
I'll just have to keep reminding myself- it'll get done just take baby steps.

1 comment:

Mary said...

ANY move is overwhelming...but are you thinking - just a little bit - that you might love the house once you fix it up enough to stay?