Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Unraveled Wednesday

I'm going to try and give this Unraveled Wednesday thing a shot.  Fortunately I haven't had to unravel anything recently.  I have finished Taproot, but will wait until I've made my adjustments before posting a photo.  Currently I'm working on Beckett by Marie Greene, I'm knitting this with Rowan Finest which is a combination of extra fine merino, cashmere and royal alpaca in the colorway Happy.  It is soooo soft, I can't wait to see how this turns out.  I got this I think for 45% off at Cast on Cottage so a total win for me!  I've been taking photos at work because the light there seems to show the true color.

I recently finished a Gather hat for myself.  I'm on a quest to finish up my worsted weight yarn, and I thought I had enough to finish this hat with the russet color, but had to substitute a bit .  I'm totally okay with having a bit of black at the top. 
 I'm almost done with another Conversationalist hat using more leftover Berroco Vintage.  I made 2 baby sweaters from these yarns for die-hard Packer Fans.  I may have enough to put a small pom pom on top.  I think I'm going to be set for hats for a while.  I have a pair of mittens I've been trying to finish for quite some time, so I think that will be working on that when I'm not knitting on Beckett.  I'm thinking any other hats I make will go into a charity box to give away in the fall.
Finally, here's my most recent Smitten Kitchen recipe- Farro and Tomatoes.  I had farro for the first time at our Guild pot luck and it was delicious.  This recipe from SK was equally delicious.  I will definitely be trying more Farro recipes. 

1 comment:

Mary said...

oh my goodness - how did I miss a post from WEDNESDAY!? in any event - I hope you've had a great weekend. Love your pink sweater. and Farro. I've had Deb's cookbook since it came out and so far, the only recipe I've made is the baked camembert :-)