Thursday, January 18, 2018

Three on Thursday- "Snowed" In


This week included a holiday and 2 snow days-this week's Three on Thursdays include some of how I kept myself busy:

I baked some whole wheat rolls-these were actually pretty easy and I'm looking forward to enjoying these with dinner this next week.
 There was lots of knitting-I am almost done with Taproot.  This project was perfectly timed with my trip to Las Vegas and then being home for 2 days.
I had lunch with a friend I haven't seen in a couple years at a new to me restaurant Muss and Turners. The Caesar salad was great the falafel not so much.  It was nice catching up, and hopefully it won't be so long before we can get together again.  I was also able to include a meet up with Mary and her knitting group at a local coffee shop.  I really miss social knitting.

There were walks outside-Sophie definitely didn't mind the snow or very low temperatures.  I was glad that today's afternoon walk was 40 degrees as opposed to the 17 degrees when we went out the first time.

I finished this hat for Andrew- Tin Can Knits Gather.  Steve will be heading to DC on Saturday and will be delivering 3 hats [one is a hand-me-down hat is now too big for me] and a cowl.  Hopefully he won't think the cowl is "not him".  The colors are masculine and I think it will look great on him; he claims he's just not a scarf guy, but I think the DC/Maryland weather may change that!

Also, there's been significant progress with the amaryllis-I didn't realize how much fun this was going to be. 



1 comment:

Mary said...

I really enjoyed the snow days this week ... the snow, not so much! I finished TWO knitting projects, logged miles on the treadmill and did three pilates workouts. (even spent some quality time with Marc :-)