Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Fall is a time for cooler temperatures and yummy eats.
The last few days in Atlanta have been glorious and have teased us that fall is here, so the prompt on favorite foods for fall is well timed.
10. Apples and pears [the above is this morning's breakfast-Jif all natural peanut butter is THE bomb!]
9. Chili-all types red-white-vegetarian. Love how it can be made ahead, put in the freezer, enjoyed as leftovers, and makes fabulous nachos!
8. Gumbo-which is NOT chili-spicy-hearty-and like #9 make ahead and enjoy a bowlful a few days later!
7. Homemade chicken noodle soup [also not to be confused with chili or gumbo ;-)]
6. Costco's autumn bark-if you've had it you know what I'm talking about!
5. Freshly baked bread-it's good all year, but if I'm making it myself has to be done when it's cooler out.
4. Lasagna-veggie is the best but hubby likes meaty lasagna-will have to figure out a compromise.
3. Pumpkin bread-muffins-or cupcakes. Not the pumpkin flavored stuff- homebaked goodies that use the real deal.
2. Butternut and spaghetti squash [goes great with chili for a healthy version of sincinnati chili]
1. Mac and cheese-I have to be so careful with this, and it has to be homemade of course!
Hopefully our weather will continue to evolve into fall for good, but knowing how suddenly Georgia weather changes-it could be a heatwave next week! What culinary adventures await you this fall?