Thursday, July 2, 2015
Another 10 things
10. I'll miss free and secure parking when I come to Midtown for the Peachtree Road Race, or other events that are in the area.
9. The great restaurants nearby-walking distance-which I LOVE
8. I'll miss my short commute-I'm just getting used to being "around the corner". I'm hoping I can find some alternates that will keep me off I-285. Even though it'll only be another 15 miles, in Atlanta traffic terms that could mean an hour!
7. The local color-I get to witness some interesting sites from my window.
6. Having a shady spot to enjoy knitting and my lunch-am hoping that we will have something similar in our new space.
5. My morning/lunch time walks-this has been a great area to walk around, and there is always something to see.
4. I won't miss the stairs-getting copier paper delivered is a true nightmare.
3. The absolutely INSANE HVAC system in our office. The building was not designed as office space, and we are constantly having issues. I know many offices tend to be a little cooler, but ours is to the extreme.
2. I won't miss not being able to get out of the parking lot due to road work, movie filming, wrecks, downed power lines, etc., south of us-it can be difficult manuevering around 4 lanes of one way traffic.
1. There may be several folks I work with who will go back to their assigned departments or find other jobs due to the added commute time. Some of these I'll miss and there are some I definitely won't miss.
I really don't know what early 2016 holds for me. While I really like my job, my salary and my boss I'm not so sure the longer commute will make it worthwhile. Steve and I are enjoying the area we've just moved to, and would like to stay here for a while. We'll see, my focus is selling the house, all the other relocation stuff is just stuff.