Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Bits and pieces
I've collected several things over the years, and sometimes when my Mom knew I "liked" something it meant that I had to have EVERYTHING that had whatever on it. As I get older I realize that the more I collect, the more I'll most likely have to dust, so I choose my collections carefully.
10. Sunflowers- I love sunflowers so there was a point when I HAD everything with sunflowers, even a pair of tights [now that was going to far]
9. Books-do you ever really stop collecting them-art history, museum guides from exhibits we've seen, etc.
8. Gone with the Wind "memorabilia" I have received everything from t-shirts to music boxes. It's one of my favorite movies in terms of the cinematography rather than what the movie was supposed to represent-hey I was born in downtown Atlanta.
6. Yarn aka a stash-you have to be prepared for those long waits at the doctor's office, DMV, etc or when you get snowed in!
5. Fabric-see #6
4. Cookbooks-I've gotten rid of several over the years, and I kinda wished I hadn't, but when you run out of space, sometimes you have to cull the herd.
3. Magazines-I have some favorites, but like #4 sometimes you have to make choices on what you really want to keep.
2. Knitting patterns and books-yep same problem.
1. Pens- I love a nice writing pen
I'm sure there are other things I have that might be considered collections, but these are the ones that come to mind right now.
So what's collecting on your shelf?