Thursday, August 16, 2018

Three on Thursday-Currently . . .


Joining in with Carole for 3 on Thursday and including an update on what's been happening at Maison Sheffield since the last post.
 1- Unpacking we are making progress at the new place and hopefully this weekend I'll have my office/sewing-knitting room set up or at least unpacked and boxes out of the way.  We will probably move things around as we figure out what works best for day to day items. We'll be waiting until next month to empty our storage unit, so we have time to prepare for that move.
2-Such optimistic words form Winnie the Pooh.  I took my Mom to the High Museum to see the Winnie the Pooh exhibit which included several illustrations from E H Shepard on loan from the Victoria and Albert Museum.  It was such an excellent exhibit although it was a bit harrowing getting there.


Sunday we celebrated my BIG birthday.  Such a great time and great food thanks to the excellent planning by my wonderful family and Mary posted photos which also included a few of me!  It was truly a fantastic weekend and I'm glad it wasn't just about getting the house arranged and organized. Sophie and I even managed 2 "exploring" walks around the area.  I have to say I think we're settling nicely!

7 comments:

Vicki Knitorious said...

Your birthday party looked like so much fun! (Happy Birthday!) My kids recently went to see the movie "Christopher Robin" and really liked it!

Mary said...

I'm looking forward to visiting your new place (maybe even by myself!) and seeing how y'all are settling in!

AsKatKnits said...

I hope the unpacking goes smoothing and is over swiftly! And, yes... sewing/crafting rooms should be prioritized over everything else! Ha :)

Lydia said...

It was a lot of fun, I've heard good things about the movie.

Lydia said...

Looking forward to it-now that Steve is finished with stuff from the apt. we have more stuff scattered about. We've been making the most of our deck in the evenings.

Lydia said...

Thanks! It's getting there; I have a ton of shopping to do on Saturday, so I'm hoping to devote Sunday to getting that space sorted.

margene said...

Hope your unsettled state doesn't go on my longer. Having a room of ones own makes a place home. It looks like your new area has some nice places to explore!